Standing Twists Stretching Exercise for obliques and torso
Standing Twists is an excellent exercise to stretch the torso against the resistance of the lower body.
- Stand with your feet a little more than shoulder width apart and keep your knees slightly bent.
- Raise your arms out to either side and hold them at chest level parallel to the floor.
- Now twist your upper body from the torso and stretch the torso to the right and then to the left going as far as possible on either side.
Points to Remember
- Keep your Hips stationary to isolate the torso.
- Face straight throughout the exercise.
Bent Over Twists
This exercise is done just like the Standing Twists but with your body bent forward and torso about parallel to the floor.
ExerciseGoals.com Recommends - The Stretching Handbook.
135 Stretching & Flexibility Exercises.
Take your Flexibility to the next level with
over 135 Stretching and Flexibility Exercises.
Improve your athletic performance, eradicate
sports injury and do away with tight, stiff
Click here to find out more on The Stretching Handbook.
Back to Weight Training Tips Homepage.