Standing Forward Bends- Stretching Hamstring and Lower back
Standing Forward Bends are excellent to stretch hamstring muscles and Lower back. It can also be performed seated called seated Forward Bends.
Relieves tight hamstrings and increases hamstring length.
1. Stand upright with feet together.
2. Now bend forward and take hold of your legs as low as possible keeping your knees straight.
3. Try and bend your upper body as much as possible and feel the stretch in the hamstrings and lower back.
4. Hold this position for 10-15 seconds and then relax.
5. Repeat for 3-5 times.
The seated forward bend
• Bend forward as far as you can, and endeavour to put your palms flat on the ground in front of you.
• Feel the pull of the muscles on your back, hold, and then come back to the
Points to remember
Keep your knees locked and do not bend them.
Related Stretching Exercises
ExerciseGoals.com Recommends - The Stretching Handbook.