Lying Shoulder Dumbbell Pullovers exercise
Straight Arm Pullovers is the best exercise to build a strong rib cage and build serratus anterior muscle to build a complete chest and back. Check the correct technique and expand your rib cage.
Purpose - To Build pectorals and expand the rib cage. Works directly on serratus anterior muscle to develop the back.
This exercise is done lying across on a bench with a heavy dumbbell.
- Lie across on a bench on your shoulders so that your head is hanging.
- Grasp a dumbbell with both hands and get it straight over your chest as shown in the picture.
- Lower the dumbbell in an arc slowly getting a good stretch in your rib cage.
- Lower the dumbbell as far as possible and then raise it back to the starting position.
Barbell Pullovers Variation
You can perform pullovers exercise with barbell too.
Points to Remember
- Exhale while you exert.
- Maximum stretching ensures greatest expansion on rib cage.
- Relax your hips and let them fall as relaxed hips help in extra expansion.
Back to Pullovers Exercise
Back to Weight Training Tips Homepage.