Kettlebell/Dumbbell Floor Press Exercise |One arm & alternating Press
Why are kettlebell
floor presses such an effective exercise
Press is an excellent exercise to Build Strength and Muscle
in Chest, shoulders, and arms.
Floor Presses provides 3 distinct
- They are easier on your shoulders as the arms
are screwed in to your shoulder sockets making them safe.
- They work the small, stabilizing muscles of the
rotator cuff in addition to biceps, triceps and pectorals.
- They do not require a bench and can be done at
Disadvantage of floor press
A bench allows from maximum pectoral muscles
range of motion unlike the floor press which limits the range and the chest
Purpose - To Build Muscle mass and Strength
in Chest Muscles primarily and biceps and triceps secondarily.
Execution Technique with
This Exercise can be done using Dumbbells or
Kettlebells. It can be done two arms at a time or in an alternating fashion.
Steps - Two arm kettlebell or dumbbell floor press
- Lie on a flat surface holding a pair of
Kettlebells/Dumbbells at shoulder levels.
- Now press the KB/DB as in Bench Press until
the arm is locked out.
- In Alternating Floor Press you alternate
between the right and left KB/DBs. In One arm Floor Press do it one arm at a
time and switch to the other.
- Turning and Pivoting the legs to the
opposite side gives you a longer range of motion. This extended version helps
you lift for longer of motion.
One arm or alternating Kettlebell floor press
Dumbbell Floor Press Variation
Instead of kettlebells use dumbbells and perform
Remember you can also do the dumbbell version with
a neutral grip and elbows tucked near your body. Your choice.
Dumbbell Floor Flys
If you are a little creative you already of
thinking of doing flys on floor with dumbbells. Right? Yes you can do them.
Here are the illustrations.
How to make Floor
- Make sure you use the proper Kettlebell
Weights. You can use 35 lbs or 53 lbs Kettlebells depending on your strength.
- Avoid jerky movements as more momentum you
use the less will be the muscle tension produced.
- Imagine pushing yourself through the floor
as your press the kettlebells or dumbbells away from the body.
- Keep your abs, glutes and core muscles
tight and hard for more stability and strength.
- Try to crush the kettlebell or dumbbell as
it increases the lifting power by the principle of irradiation.
- In one arm version, do reps with the
weaker arm first.
Also check out
The Kettlebell Burn Program
to kettlebell Training Exercises
Back to top of Kettlebell Floor Presses
Back to Weight Training