Abdominal Bicycle Crunch Maneuver Exercise to build Oblique Muscles
Why is abdominal bicycle crunch such an effective exercise
Abdominal Bicycle Crunch is an excellent exercise to Build Oblique
Abdominal Exercise Muscles. It also build front abdominals as well giving a six pack appearance.
Although a basic crunch or sit up use oblique muscles, if you want to target them specifically then you need to do bicycle crunch exercise.
Try the version described below and see for yourself how your sides/love handles/oblique muscles burn.
Purpose - To Build/tone Muscles in the Abdominals especially Oblique Abdominal Muscles.
This exercise is down on a flat surface like the floor or an Abdominal Board.
- Lie on your back with your shoulders slightly off the ground and legs raised with knees bent to 90 degrees.
You can keep your hands on the side of the head for light support.
- Now crunch both the upper and lower body such that your left elbow comes closer to the right knee.
At this time your left knee should be extended.
- Now repeat on the other side getting your right elbow and left knee closer to each other while you extend your right knee.
Points to Remember
- Exhale while you exert. Never hold your breathe during the crunching move. Always exhale when you crunch and inhale on your way down
- Do not let your shoulders touch the floor.
- Perform in a controlled manner and pause at the top of the crunch movement for 1-2 seconds.
Back to Weight Training Tips Homepage.