Leg Raises Exercise - Excellent Lower abdominal Exercise
Leg Raise Exercise is great for lower ab muscles. Check how to do Flat bench leg raises, bent knee and Hanging leg raise exercise to build a muscular Lower abdomen.
Note - Here abdominal Muscles are acted upon indirectly so I suggest that you don't make it your number one priority exercise for lower abs.
This exercise can be performed on bench or flat ground.
1. Lie flat on your back on a bench and hands placed under glutes for support.
2. Extend your legs straight out raising them as much as possible while keeping them straight.
3. Now lower them to starting position keeping them straight until they reach a level just below the bench.
Reverse Abdominal Crunches is the best lower abdominal exercise. Add Leg Raises only as a variation to your workout.
Just to it.
Variations of Leg Raises
1. Bent Knee Leg Raises
This Exercise is also performed on a Bench
1. It is done just like flat bench Leg raises but the knees are kept bent in starting position.
2. Raise your legs from this bent-knee position and complete the exercise
This exercise is done hanging on a bar.
1. Grab an overhead bar at arms length.
2. Raise your legs as far as possible while keeping them straight.
Get a good squeeze at the full contraction to get most out if this exercise.