Exercise Goals: Triathlon Training
Triathlon is a tri-sport event which consists of swimming, cycling and running. The triathlon races are categorized on the basis of their distance like Sprint distance (750 m swim, 20 km bike, 5 km run), Olympic distance (1.5 km swim, 40 km ride, 10 km run), the Long Course (1.9 km swim, 90 km ride, 21.1 km run) and Ultra distance (3.8 km swim, 180 km ride, and a marathon: 42.2 km run). Its a multisport event that can take many forms and run/bike/swim combinations. Athletes of all shapes and abilities compete to prove that the mind can overcome all obstacles. The list below provides triathlon tips and training guides for everyone from the beginners to the experienced.
Triathlon for beginners
- Complete package: A Comprehensive module for beginner training for the swim, cycle and run. It also provides training for transitions.
- Training modules for the beginners: Training is very essential for the beginners. It imparts the training tips individually for the swim, cycle and run.
- Training for sprint distance race: It renders training modules for beginners especially for sprint distance race which includes 750m swim, 20km bike and 5km run.
- Beginner's guide: It servers as the beginner's guide to Triathlon. It covers all the points regarding how to acquire the best training.
- Top ten tips for the beginners: Supplies the beginners with the Top Ten tips Beginner Triathlon Tips.
- Funk's Triathlon Journal: Meet Grady Funk, Triathlon competitor out of Laguna Beach CA. His journal is a great read into the personal side of the triathlon world.
Work Out and Nutrition
- Nutrition Guide: A complete guide on nutrition sessions and weight loss.
- Top five tips for good nutrition: Top five tips on the nutrition for the triathlon beginners and the nutrition during the work outs.
- Weight Training: Tips to keep the body balanced and strong enough to endure a triathlon.
- Iron man training program: An iron-man training program to prepare the athletes for nutrition and hydration during the race.
- Triathlon off Season Nutrition: Off season nutrition modules for swimming, cycling and biking.
- Sports nutrition for endurance athletes: A customized sports nutrition guide is supplied so that the athletes can build up for a perfect race.
- Food diary for training: Supplies a length food diary which can be used as nutrition trouble-shooter.
- ABC’s of nutrition for triathlon: Facilitates integrated nutrition package which provides nutrition before a triathlon, during the triathlon and after the triathlon.
- Training for open water swimming: Overcome the fear of open water swimming for greater stroke efficiency.
- Triathlon swimming skills: Provides with the skills on ‘how to improve open water swimming skills’.
- How to swim straight?: Furnishes the best possible tips to swim straight in open water.
- Long distance swimming: Gives information about ‘long distance swimming’ and ‘how to survive in the long distance swimming’.
- Long distance swimming-An Overview: Imparts information about long distance swimming.
- Swimming Economy in Long Distance Swimmers: Understand the economics of long distance swimming in the triathlon.
- Exhaustive swimming tips: Supplies with the total swimming tips by an Olympic coach Sean Kelly.
- Triathlon Swimming Resources: A list of links on swimming which covers major topics like ‘How to better swimming’, ‘Tips for Efficient Triathlon Swimming’, etc.
- Swimming teaching and training: Provides with the full-fledged swimming teaching and training from the start.
- Triathlon Swimming Techniques: Details with techniques of swimming for triathlon-a tri sport event.
- Five hill climbing techniques: These strategies will help in improving the hill climbing during cycling in triathlon.
- Cycling tips in time trials: read about positioning, equipments, training, nutrition etc. during long distance cycling.
- Triathlon bikes: A comprehensive list of different links featuring triathlon bike products.
- Complete package of bikes: Provides with the total features of the best bikes: pros and cons of the bikes.
- Cycling training: Detailed knowledge regarding cycling during triathlon is supplied to help the athlete perform better.
- How to become an efficient cyclist?: Provides with the tips for cycle training in various areas with certain training exercises and sessions.
- Transition tips: Provides with the efficient transition tips during cycling in triathlon.
- The transition: Transition is the fourth discipline in triathlon. Learn from swim to bike transition tips and bike to run transition tips.
- How to choose best shoes: Choosing the right kind of shoes for running in triathlon.
- Best shoes: A comprehensive list of different links featuring triathlon best shoes.
- How to go trail running: Provides with the instructions and the habits required for winning trail run.
- Road running: Road running tips are provided for the athletes for the triathlon.
- Running a marathon: how to win the last hurdle of triathlon: marathon? A guide to win marathon.
- Training for running: Some training tips so that the athlete can perform the best during triathlon.
- Six lessons for running: Renders six life lessons learned from triathlon training. It is extracted of experienced practices.
- Top tips for men & women: Facilitates the top ten training tips for both men and women.
- Tips from Matt Dixon: Some of the best tips on practicing for triathlon from Matt Dixon.
- Top ten triathlon tips for women: Ten triathlon tips especially for women who wish to prove themselves.
Clubs and Organizations