Cable Lateral Raises exercise - Build wider shoulders now
Why is Cable Lateral Raises so effective?
Cable Lateral Raise is an excellent exercise to build side delts and thereby widen your shoulder muscles. Check the correct execution technique and blast your delts now.
Purpose - To Build the side head of deltoids and rear head to some extent.
Cable provides a constant tension throughout the exercise and a slightly longer range of motion making Cable laterals an excellent shoulder exercise.
This exercise is done with a cable on a floor pulley one arm at a time.
- Using two low floor pulleys hold the right handle in your left hand and the left handle in your right hand so that your arms are crossed in front of you.
- Keep your back straight and with a smooth pull extend your arms outward and upward until it is higher than the shoulders.
- Through the movement twist your hands so that the thumbs lies at lower level.
- Stretch as far as possible and then release and get back to the crossed position.
Points to remember
- This exercise targets that hard-to-reach shoulder muscle fibers, so make sure you contract them harder.
- Use only enough weight especially if you have been using machines more than free weights in your shoulder training prior to this workout.
More Killer Shoulder Exercises and Workouts
Back to top of Cable Lateral Raises
Back to Weight Training Tips Homepage.